Feng Shui Classes taught by the American Feng Shui Institute are unlike other Feng Shui schools. These are classes are based upon the traditional Chinese Feng Shui methods and do not mix superstition, folklore, or other mystical beliefs into the teaching.
The Institute draws the best students from all over the globe who take Feng Shui Classes here. Most of the students are professionals in the architecture, design, and construction industries. Leading members of the AIA and ASID regularly attend our coursework. Students fly to Los Angeles to participate in the coursework from as far away as Abu Dubai, Germany, Italy, Taiwan, Iceland, Japan, Turkey, and others. They return home with new skills to add to their profession or even a new trade. The American Feng Shui Institute has been teaching Feng Shui classes regularly and continuously since 1991. No other Feng Shui school offers the depth and breadth of knowledge provided here.
Feng Shui Classes – Our Core Curriculum
Now with the online Feng Shui classes, students from all over the world can participate in learning this wonderful ancient study. The online Feng Shui class offerings are structured so that you can start with a basic Introduction to Feng Shui class and move through the Beginning Feng Shui class, continue with the Intermediate Feng Shui class, and complete the core curriculum with the Advanced Feng Shui Class. Once you have completed the core Feng Shui Classes curriculum, you can then choose from any number of Chinese Astrology or Feng Shui Classes.
We have specifically structured to classes to take you step-by-step through the material, with each class building upon the other. As such, we have a requirement that the first three classes be take in order, prior to other classes. This provides a solid foundation for you to build your Feng Shui knowledge.
Feng Shui Classes – Get Started Now!
You can begin your study now, by enrolling in our online Beginning Feng Shui Class now!
The Feng Shui Classes listing below is the basic outlines for our in-person classes:
All classes are held in the Los Angeles Area, CA. For more information on upcoming Feng Shui classes, please email us at [email protected]
Online Classes FAQ
For more information about Certificate of Completion, the process of our online classes, online help support, how to become a Feng Shui Practitioner, etc click on Online Classes FAQ
Certificate of Completion
Featured Courses (with no prerequisite)
The following are courses that you can start immediately and do not require any prerequisite classes or knowledge to begin learning Feng Shui, Chinese Astrology, and Chinese arts. Click on the title to read more.
Feng Shui. Everyone is talking about this Chinese study of our living environment. Unfortunately, there is a lot of hearsay and misinformation about this fascinating study. With this class, you will start to see the authentic Feng Shui theories and methods. You will also be shown some of the things that are commonly thought of as Feng Shui, but in actuality have no place in traditional Feng Shui. The American Feng Shui Institute has been teaching these classes continuously for more than a decade and is the premier learning institution for Feng Shui, Chinese Astrology, Yi Jing, and the Chinese arts. This is an introductory seminar to explain the basic concepts of Feng Shui. By taking this class, you will get a feel for how the online classes function and how Feng Shui can benefit you in your life. From this class, you will be ready to move to the FS101- Beginning Feng Shui Class that will explain in great depth some of the concepts discussed in the Introduction Seminar.
- A welcome message
- Overview of Feng Shui
- About the Institute
- An Introduction to Traditional Chinese Feng Shui
- About the Internal Environment
- About the External Environment
- Basic Theories of Traditional Feng Shui
- Things that are Not Feng Shui
- Learning More about Traditional Feng Shui
- Online Discussion Forum
- About The Online Curriculum
Feng Shui. Everyone is talking about this Chinese study of our living environment. Unfortunately, there is a lot of hearsay and misinformation about this fascinating study. With this Beginning Feng Shui class, you will be able to cut through the confusion and learn the authentic Feng Shui theories and methods. The American Feng Shui Institute has been teaching these classes continuously for more than a decade and is the premier learning institution for Feng Shui, Chinese Astrology, Yi Jing, and the Chinese arts. Discover how to gain control over your environment. Learn the surprisingly exact principles of traditional Chinese Feng Shui. Build an unshakable foundation in traditional Chinese theories. With this class, you will understand what causes people to have restless sleep. Find out how individuals are more active and healthy in certain environments, and sick and inactive in other environments. Learn how to properly chart a house or building; revealing how the directions and areas influence people. This class has such profound theories and is so pertinent to today's living, that is should be taught after the Advanced class.
- Gain a firm understanding of Yin / Yang concepts
- Learn about the Five elements and their applications
- Build a strong foundation in Feng Shui with the Eight Trigrams
- Find out how to align people with their environments using their personal Trigram directions
- Gain a profound understanding of the East / West teachings (Ba Zhai)
- Use the sitting and facing of a building to determine the house Trigram
- Find exactly how to combine the Personal and House Trigrams to provide an optimized environment
- Practice using the Luopan to accurately find the orientation of a house or building
This class teaches you what you need to know about the stems and branches and the Chinese calendar so that you have a foundation for studying the Chinese Astrology and other Chinese theory. This class is a prerequisite for Four Pillars 1, Day Selection, Zi Wei Dou Shu, and Case Study 13, and recommended for the Yi Jing class. If you intend to take these classes and have not studied the Stems and Branches before, you must take this class.
The online class requires a 10,000 year calendar. You may purchase one at our bookstore.
This class is a prerequisite for Four Pillars 1, Day Selection, Zi Wei Dou Shu, and Case Study 13, and recommended for the Yi Jing class. If you intend to take these classes and have not studied the Stems and Branches before, you must take this class.
- Learn the Fundamentals, including the 10 Heavenly Stems and 12 Earthly Branches
- Understand how the Stems and Branches are used in both time and space
- Learn the Cycle of 60 and its applications
- Understand the various relationships between the stems and the branches.
- Find out what makes for favorable and unfavorable relationships.
- Gain a working knowledge of how to read a Chinese 10,000 year calendar
- Learn the 24 Solar Terms and how they are used
- Find out how the Monthly and the Daily Stem and Branches are charted.
- Use the Chinese time system to find the Stems and Branches within the day